Friday, August 10, 2012

Getting the Environment Set

Room 401. Kernersville Middle School.  With posters on the walls, the desks in groups of 4, I'm almost ready for students to come in the door. (Yes, I meant to rhyme it.)

This week I spent setting up my classroom.  I've grouped my seats in 4's, trying to think of how I can see all of the screens at one time and still keep them in groups - I gave up.  My students and I have always had good rapport.  I think that will hold true - even with the lure of the glowing screen to entice them. I'll just have to be more.... Me

I'm not used to documenting my every move, so I will have to remember to take some photos and post them next week when they (WSFCS Dept. of Tech) bring the 31 laptops to my room.  I have really struggled with the control issue.  I've been thinking I need to supervise the students' every breath and keystroke, but I spent yesterday evening creating Symbaloo/Bridge sites tying in 10-12 Symbaloos creating booklets of resources.  I'm now thinking - I could assign Bellringers based on what students' needs are and what they need to accomplish objective-wise and they could use the Symbaloo/Bridge Booklets.  I see now where CiCi and Marty were talking about having students be independent learners.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment